Thursday, July 10, 2014

Kenneth Omeruo wants to return to Middlesbrough next season

The Chelsea defender forged a mean partnership with Gibson at the heart of the Boro defence after moving to the Riverside in January. Now the 20-year-old, who starred for Nigeria in their run to the last 16 of the World Cup, is aiming to be reunited with Gibson and help the Teesside club to promotion. “Gibbo is someone that works hard and learns every day,” Omeruo said. “He doesn’t think about how old he is, he’s a fighter and we worked well together. “I learnt a lot from him whilst I was at the Riverside and together we had a good partnership.” Speaking to The Gazette, Omeruo added: “My time at Middlesbrough was one of the best experiences I’ve had in football and I enjoyed every moment of my time at the club. “I believe that with hard work and the determination that’s within the squad, Boro will reach the play-offs and get promoted next season. “I would like to return to Boro on loan but it’s not in my hands. Ben Gibson played four times for England U21s this summer Gibson’s form last season earned him his first called-up for Gareth Southgate’s U21 squad, and he appeared four times at the Toulon Tournament in May. During his time in France with the Young Lions, 21-year-old Gibson revealed his targets for the upcoming season to TheFA.com. "I want to start as the No1 centre-half and play a full season there and hopefully achieve promotion with Boro," he added. "That’s what we’re looking to do and there’s a long season ahead of us, but if I can start well and we can carry on in the fashion that we ended last season, there’s no reason why we can’t do that. "We’ve got a good manager and good players so I’m hopeful that we can do that."

No comments:

Post a Comment