Monday, July 21, 2014

Puyol: Suárez's actions can't be justified, but it was the heat of the moment

The former Barcelona captain Carles Puyolhas assured that "there is no justification" for Luis Suárez's actions, but it is the sort of thing that can happen when "you lose your head". He also reminded people that the Uruguayan has already apologised. "There is no justification for what Suarez did, but things like that occur when you lose your head - it can happen. At any rate, he has apologised for it. He's a great footballer, extremely competitive and scores a great deal. I think he can bring a lot to an attack that's already brimming with quality. With Luis, we can be even stronger," said Puyol in statements to FIFA.com. Puyol, who will assist Andoni Zubizarreta in Barça's technical department starting in September, thanked the club for the opportunity which they have given him. "Initially there will be a period of learning where I won't be taking big decisions, but I'll face up to it with the same determination and anticipation I showed during my playing days. Over time, I hope I can use everything football has taught me over the last 19 years," he remarked. He insists that he has not felt the calling to become a manager. "Ideally I'd be playing, but those days are over. You need to find your niche, and in the end you need to be involved with what you know," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment